How Does A Bundle And Save Discount Work?
The Gilbert Insurance team wants to make sure you know about a cost-effective insurance option called Bundle And Save. This exceptional discount is generally activated when you place a car insurance policy with an insurance carrier and then buy your home, condo, or renters policy through this same company.
Since the potential cost savings from bundling policies in this way are significant, we want to ensure that you are not missing out on this opportunity. Below, we discuss the details of this program as well as its benefits, which go well beyond just saving you money.
How to Get a Bundle And Save Discount
To be eligible for a bundling discount, there are generally just two simple requirements you need to meet:
- You must have at least two types of personal insurance policies with the same carrier. To secure a Bundle And Save discount, you need to have placed insurance coverage for your car and for your home, whether it’s a house, condo, or apartment, with the same insurance provider.
- You must work with an insurance carrier who offers this program. Since virtually every insurance carrier today offers a discount if you place both your auto and home insurance with them, you may not even have to change companies to access the Bundle And Save option.
It is important to know that the level of savings insurance carriers offer can vary from 5% to 25% for each policy, depending on the company. The way carriers apply these percentage discounts to your home and auto policies can differ as well. For example, your carrier might split a 25% discount between your two policies, giving you a 10% account credit on your auto insurance and a 15% account credit on your home insurance.
To find the best Bundle And Save option for you, it is worthwhile to have your local insurance agent help you compare bundling discounts from a variety of carriers.
The Benefits of Bundling Go Beyond Just Cost Savings
The most obvious advantage to a Bundle And Save option is the money you can save. However, you may appreciate several other benefits that should come from bundling your insurance policies with one provider, including:
- You will have to deal with only one company versus multiple insurers, when you have a question, concern, or claim.
- Your policy details for both your vehicle and home will be in one place.
- You will have to remember only one login for online bill payment and account management.
Finally, insurance carriers tend to give added consideration to customers who have placed a lot of business with them. So, if you have multiple policies with one company, you might find that when a billing, claims, or other issue arises, you are given greater support and understanding.
Gilbert Insurance Is Here to Help You Save Money
Now that you know how easy it should be to secure a Bundle And Save discount, as well as the many benefits of doing so, you may be thinking that it’s time to call your insurance provider to see if they offer this option and, if they do, to opt in right away.
The Bundle And Save discount does seem like a no-brainer. But before you select this option, the Gilbert team wants to share a couple of important insights about the potential downsides of bundling:
- Separating your policies may occasionally be less expensive than bundling. Before you decide to bundle your auto and home insurance with one carrier, you may want your local insurance agent to help you compare quotes from multiple carriers for separate policies versus bundled policies. If you currently have a high car insurance rate due to accidents, tickets, or other driving history blemishes, it might prove less expensive to go with the most affordable car insurance company rather than seek a bundling discount. In addition, there are a few insurance carriers who offer only one line of personal insurance; for example, they have a coverage solution for your home but not for your vehicles. These insurers may give a customer like you a nice discount for choosing them for your home insurance needs, but only if you are working with the same local agent to place your home and auto insurance policies.
- Staying with one company just to continue to be able to bundle may cost you money. Although we don’t recommend switching insurance companies frequently, it is a good idea to review your rates and coverage every three to five years. By partnering with your local insurance agent, you will get help not only keeping an eye on any premium and coverage changes but also evaluating if, despite bundling, you are paying more than you need to for your insurance.
Your local insurance team at Gilbert Insurance is dedicated to getting you all the savings you deserve and providing you with insights and advice on the coverages that are right for you and your specific needs.
Please contact us today to review your car, home, and other personal insurance policies. We will help you determine if bundling two or more policies with the same carrier might save you time, money, and stress, and identify all your other eligible discounts.