6 Spring Homeowner’s Clean-up Tips
It’s been a tough winter around New England. Thankfully, Spring has finally arrived along with the days of sunshine and warmer weather! This time of year is perfect for checking out and cleaning up the inside and outside of your home. Here are 6 Spring Homeowner’s Clean-up tips worth following from your friends at Gilbert Insurance:
- Check out your roof, gutters and drainage spouts for winter damage.
- Test out and change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors and prepare your air conditioner for the summer ahead.
- Clean out the sump pump if it starts running slowly.
- Prevent a home dryer fire by removing the lint after every wash load and cleaning the outside dryer vent.
- Make sure your wooden deck is sound and without decay.
- Replace the flashing between the house and the deck to keep water from collecting.
See more homeowner’s Spring maintenance tips here: http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/clean-and-organize/10-home-maintenance-tips-for-spring
And when it comes to your car, here are few more checkpoints to consider:
- Change your oil to protect your car’s engine.
- Get in for a wheel alignment to prevent uneven tire wear.
- Clean your fuel system every Spring.